Friday, July 17, 2009

Results...

So, Mama went for an MRI on Tuesday, and the results came out yesterday. It's either surgery, or slowly become paralysed, but still feel the pain. Here's the story:

Mama started to have very bad pain in her right leg, so we made an appointment for her to see the doctor. He examined her and everything, and figured, based on her previous X-rays, that her spine was crooked and was pressing against her nerves. The other scenario would be that the cancer cells has spread there, and was causing pain. Thankfully, it wasn't the cancer, but it was choosing between paralysis, or surgery.

So ya, that's basically what's happening, and she still hasn't chosen, but I think she doesn't want surgery. It's a high risk because of her old age, and also that there's no guarantee that it's gonna be fixed. What's happening is that one section of her spine has collasped, and it's pressing against her nerves, causing her a lot of sudden pain. She can't even walk to the toilet anymore, and has to use the wheelchair to get around. So I think that she's just gonna get paralysed eventually, but she'll still feel the pain. Even just a few minutes ago, she wanted to go to the toilet, but after I brought her there, she couldn't get up, and then had a sudden pain up her leg. I could see she was trying her best to bear it, but it showed a lot of pain on her face, and I didn't know what to do. Apparently, there's absolutely nothing you can do, except for the surgery, and during which, we might lose her. So I think that she's being placed in a very difficult position.

If you had to choose, would you give up the ability to walk and still be in pain for life? Or would you rather risk your life and not feel the pain? And when I say risk your life, it's not even a 50/50 chance of living. It's more a 30/70 thing. I can't stand to see her like this, but there's nothing I can do. I feel very sorry for her, but like I said, nothing can be done to help her right now.
--------------------------------------
Lord, please help Mama through this difficult time. Lord God, I pray that you help decrease her pain, and let her live as comfortably as possible. Loving God, I really hope that she doesn't have to suffer from this, and at the same time, stay with us. God, all that I really want to ask is that she doesn't have to suffer, even if she has to leave us. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home