Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I feel I've changed...

Hey y'all! I got confirmed on Sunday, 6th April at St. Matthew's R.C. Parish. It was really nice. I really feel like I've changed after Confirmation. Like, it wasn't on the day itself but like it slowly started after the retreat last month. It's like I've been slowly changing without anyone noticing at all, including myself. I realised that I've been trying to stop myself from swearing and cursing especially since yesterday. Ok, so this was the procedure of Confirmation:

Archbishop Raymond Roussin: Francis of Assisi, be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Anointing with oil on forehead)
Me: Amen!
Archbishop Raymond Roussin: Peace be with you. (Shakes hands)
Me: And also with you.

So I was officially confirmed since then. Oh, and I found two other people who chose Francis of Assisi as their patron saint and one person who chose Claire of Assisi. All of them are in my group of friends. So now no one knows my full name anymore...I'm still pondering about telling anyone. Although I have to admit that it was not my best day at all. No offense but my dad just had to ruin my mood.

I was so tired and my ankles and feet were hurting from my heels and I was standing for quite a while. So then I wanted to either sit with my friends at the reception or go home but no, I had to take a picture. I never like taking photos with people from other generations especially if they are my parents. I kept saying that I really didn't want to wear the red gown for the picture, in fact, I kept saying I didn't want my picture taken.

Well, that was apparently useless. I was nearly forced to wear my gown and I was on the verge of crying. My eyes were practically tearing and I wanted to shout at my dad. Well, I escaped from wearing the gown but I was still made to take a picture. It was really so hard for me to smile. I don't know why but I kept thinking that my dad was just here for three weeks to torture me and not to be here for my confirmation.

Let me tell you what he's made me do during the three weeks he's been here:
1. Tuition almost every single night even when I'm super tired and can't think.
2. I don't even get to rest on Friday after school. I MUST do my homework before Saturday.
3. Tuition even when we were on "holiday".
4. Forced to have my picture taken when I looked like a freak.
5. Not given my freedom to choose if I want to go out.
6. I have homework but no, I must go to White Rock just for dinner and get a scolding after.
7. The list goes on so I'm not continuing...

Here are just six of easily ten reasons why I am so close to hating my dad.

Well, I really want to know if I've really changed for the better. Or if I've not changed. Or maybe even if I've changed for the worse. I really don't know if I've really changed or not. Well, I'm going to continue working on my project. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home