Friday, September 18, 2009

Just thinking...

Ok, ever since visiting the Grotto of our Sorrowful Mother in Portland with the family, and talking about our faith with Tim and Mom, I've started to think a lot. Especially on the question 'If I wasn't born a cradle Catholic, would I have converted to this faith?' It's really bugging me, and when I saw what Aunty Linda wrote to Mom, I realised that it's very true that the majority of cradle Catholics, but not all, don't have a very strong faith, especially when compared to those who chose to learn about the faith on their own. Now I start to think, if other's who never grew up with this faith can have such strong belief, why can't I put in the effort to be like them? Follow as closely in the footsteps of Jesus as possible? It's amazing what influence others have on us, especially those who we thought were just like all of us.

For example, Aunty Linda, from what I remember, was never really that into our faith, even though she goes to church with the family every week. But I guess something in her just gave her that jolt of intrest in the faith. And in the emails that she's sent to my mom, the one thing that she pointed out was that happiness is the key to life, not wealth nor fortune. That resulted in her good heart.

Even Gilbert. When I went for CYF sessions with him, I always thought he was born a Catholic, and was brought up in a family that really practiced the faith. But I was wrong about that. Gil converted just a few years ago, and yet, although he's been a Catholic for a shorter time than me, he knows so much more about the faith, and he knows how to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

Another inspiration to me is Lester. I'm pretty sure he's born a Catholic, so he's proof to me that even cradle Catholics don't have to lack that faith. He's so strong in his faith, that even though he's gone through quite a bit as a teen, and even know as an adult, he's put in such difficult situations, but he doesn't get angry with God or anything for putting him through so much. And even when I rant to him, he always tells me that God gives us what He knows we can handle.

Even Val, when she was so active in church, inspired me although I was still young. I saw how active she was, and how happy she was, that I was actually very intrested in being active in church like she was. Yes, she may be busy now a days, and not be as active, but I know that she tries.

These four inspirations have changed my life, and I've realised that it doesn't matter if I would have converted anymore, because that is something that I won't ever find the answer too, but I can change my life for the better, and lift all my worries and troubles up to God, and live life with an open-mind, and an optimism in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home